Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

More finished quilts. I did go back and do more quilting on this one. I meandered with clear thread in the background of the blocks.



It looks much better with the background quilted.


Then I did more holly leaves on the tiny border.



Next I quilted this one.



Circle Lord made it go quicker.




Then this one for the same owner.




Also used the Circle Lord.





Then I quilted this one.




It's hard to see the stitching because the colors match so closely.




The feather designs on the border start in the center with this bow and move out to the ends.




The sashing is a leaf and curl design. It's one of my favorite designs because it looks so elegant.




The center photo also got a feather design around it.





Here's a picture of the back so you can see the quilting better.





And another one from the back.



I couldn't quilt on the photos because it would crack with each stitch.
I'm slowly getting the Christmas quilts done. I'm still not sure if all will be finished but I'm doing my best. Staying off the computer and in the studio is helping a lot. It's surprising how much can be accomplished when I stay away from the computer.
.
I have an appointment this morning to sign papers for my mother to be admitted to the hospital. She's acting up again which usually means her medication isn't balanced right. They wanted me to go right away but I'm not catching a bus while it's still dark. I gave a verbal admittance over the phone and will go as soon as the sun comes up.
.
I have the next quilt on the machine ready to go when I get back. I have a couple more to do then I will take a whole day to do the binding on several. The work goes much quicker when I work on several bindings all at one time.
.
Over the last several weeks I've had people post comment questions but..... your "no reply comment" is turned on so I can't email you back to answer. "No comment reply" is an email blocker that keeps a person from being able to respond to your comment. I know I'm staying away from the computer as much as I can but I do try and answer specific questions about the quilting I get done and then show in my posts. Please consider turning on your "yes comment reply" so I can email you. I may have a question to ask you but can't if I can't email you.
.

No comments: