Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another one done

 I have a finished quilt to show.  The owner wanted minimal quilting. 



I did line dancing on the pieced area and a kind of leaf design along the inside border.  The inside border itself didn't get any quilting. 



I did a similar leaf design on the outside border. 



Here's a look from the back.


I was taking a morning walk around my yard, picking up paper mushrooms, when I noticed my kale plants needed a haircut and the tomato plants needed tieing to the fence.   I did the tieing first then got my sissors. 



I got two grocery bags full of kale.  Some are for dinner and some will be put in the freezer.



It's really nice to be able to work on quilts of my own for a change.  I started a wall hanging as my fair entry this year.  These were some scraps I had and couldn't figure out what to do with them.  Now the pieces have a purpose. 



If I finish in time for the fair.... fine.  If I don't.... that's fine too.  I will simply have fun with the creation.  I'll show photos as I get more done.

No comments: