Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Lost posts

Several days ago someone asked me where on my blog they could find the post about how I do t-shirt quilts.  I started looking for that post and realized several of my quilting technique tutorials are not here.  It really had me wondering.... what the heck happened to those posts?  I know I wrote those post but where the heck are they?  I was getting frustrated and wondering if my mind was playing tricks on me.  A senior memory thing.

I started looking through photos and many blog posts on my two quilt related blogs.  I couldn't even find the right photos. Where the heck are they?   (In my mind I sounded like the tv commercial of the guy looking for his car.)  Right about then I started feeling like a really confused senior.  Maybe I might need to look into nursing home care for myself? DUH!  That's when I realized those posts were written before I had to get a new computer a few years ago.  My how time does fly!  The old one crashed and I lost all photos and posts stored on my computer.  That was back when I had dial up internet too.  In order to save time I wrote posts in MS word then copied and pasted them into blogger.  Blogger didn't have draft storage back when I was writing those posts.  Gosh... I've come a long way since then and so has blogger.  That clears up the mystery of knowing I did write the posts but now they are missing.

The whole reason I started this second blog was to publish my unique piecing techniques for toppers; to post my machine quilting tips for fellow machine quilters; and to help beginning professional machine quilters learn a few hints from an experienced person.  My other blog is supposed to be simply a day to day journal for my customers to see that I am working daily and to understand what's taking me so long to finish their quilt

Somewhere along the journey of this blog I started explaining how the day to day living can interfere with keeping on a very busy quilting schedule; but, with careful organizing the impact could be minimal.  I got more and more questions about how I live frugally and I answered with blog posts which changed the intent of this blog.  Gradually my original quilting technique posts were forgotten about and never rewritten. 

 I believe I can rewrite a few of the original quilting posts because I've found some of the pictures stored in other places like my webshots albums. 

I will reconstruct what posts I can and rewrite others.  Now that I'm semi-retired I don't have as much commission work coming in.  Some of the original posts can't be rewritten without taking new photos of each step.  Those will have to wait until I have commission quilts to make. 

Not long ago I also started writing links to posts on this blog and using the "pages" feature at the top.  I became busy with quilting work and have not had a chance to get back to that either.  I sure don't want to let that project fall victim to my senior memory.  I'm going to start writing more links on the pages a little at a time.  Maybe as I work with the link pages I'll find some of the technique posts I remember writing but just don't remember what I called them. 

I hope you enjoy the "backward pieced" designs as I get them remade and posted.  If any steps are unclear please let me know.  One of the backward pieced designs should be ready to post sometime tomorrow.

No comments: