Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Back to work today

Ladybug is finally well enough to go back to daycare.  She had bronchitis and an ear infection in both ears.  No wonder she felt so bad and wanted to cuddle.  NaNa has a very cushy lap for cuddling ya know. 

That little Ladybug person never fails to astonish me.  While she was sick I happened to notice her making gestures with her hands.  I couldn't figure out what she was doing but it was definitely a repeated motion when she was talking.  I noticed it most often when Ladybug kept saying please and touching the fingers of both hands together. 

I asked my daughter about it.  It was sign language.  What?  Apparently there is a child in Ladybug's daycare group that wears hearing aids in both ears but also does sign language.  That child has been teaching Ladybug to speak with hands as they play together.  Amazing!

Time to get onto the machine and do some quilty stuff.  I will have some photos to show you tomorrow.

No comments: