Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Wonderful day!



I was just a quilting along. The quilt top was behaving nicely. The machine was cooperating. The design was working the way I wanted. Then the nicest thing happened. My son and his family decided to visit me. The grands are on spring break this week.



Here is my son. He's thinking. He frowns when he is in deep thought. (He also gives fantastic hugs.) The two of us have been working on a new tool for my quilting machine. He's a tool and die engineer. If we can create the tool and it works the way I hope.... and is reasonably priced...... Hmm.... we shall see. I'm hoping it will be a tool that many people will find useful. Once we get the design patten back from the patten office.... hmm... so many thoughts! No wonder he is frowning. Actually I'd be really happy if it just works for me. To make my work much more accurate.







Here is his wife and their two sons. She's looking through my coupons and the boys are busy creating with cardboard. Both boys were fascinated by my cardboard furniture. They had me promise that I would teach them how to make furniture too. One of the boys wants to learn to make portrait quilts! Can you see me grinning from ear to ear?




Needless to say the quilt on the machine is not finished. Who wants to quilt when there are grandkids to keep me company working with cardboard?


I was sad when the day ended but they all promised to come back soon. It's hard when the grands live so far away and I don't have a car. I think I'm going to have to do something about that as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your secret tool!