Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sunshine!

I've been working on the current quilt.  It barely fits on the machine.  I've gotten it stabilized and I have the outside border almost finished.  I'm doing a weaving feather design on it in two colors.   I'm using these four colors on this quilt just to make it different from my usual quilting techniques.  The weaving feather is done using the two colors on the left. 



The colors are a subtle change to the look of the fabric without overwhelming it. 



It may be hard to see the changing of the colors in the photo.  Here's another look from a different angle. 



Many machine quilters (me included) hesitate about using color that does not match the fabric because it shows up every flaw of the quilting.  Especially on a light color backing.  With practice comes confidence.  I practice a lot!  I'm hoping to have this quilt finished by the weekend.  So, now I'm going to put something in the crock pot and warm up the machine for a full day's work. 

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Beautiful! Just Beautiful!
Kristie

lw said...

Those feathers are beautiful, and I love that you can see them standing out on the border.