Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Six months to finish

This is not the quilt I had on the machine in my last post.  I got a call from the owner asking if this one would be ready by Friday so it could be shown this Sunday for the anniversary of the Community Ministries.  At first I said no it would not be finished.  I've been working with this person since before Christmas to get this one done.  Each time I called about something it would take him weeks to get back to me.  I refuse to be rushed at the last minute because someone is a procrastinator.  There was absolutely no reason for me to be under pressure to finish this one at the last minute. 

Then I thought about it.  If I don't finish it so he can use it this weekend..... how long would it take him to pick it up and pay me?   With no incentive to pick it up, it might take months for him to come get it.  I don't want to be a storage facility keeping quilts.  So I took the one off the machine and put this one on to finish.

I pieced it weeks ago using blocks brought to me.  I got tired of waiting for him to pick up fabric for the sashing and the backing so I used some of mine.  It took a long time to get approval on it before I could do the quilting.  But he wanted to add something before the quilting was done.  This took more time to bring to me.  I will be very glad to see this one gone.



I did meandering on the blocks. 


Meandering is quick, easy, and would work on all the designs.



A quick feather design on the border.



A quick leaf design on the sashing.



A view from the back.


Another view from the back.


Quick binding done by machine and the hanging tabs..... it was done at last.  I wonder if he will actually pick it up by Friday?  If he doesn't it will be on him because he knows it's finished. 

3 comments:

kathi said...

As i always say.. DONE IS GOOD. and YES, if you did NOT get it DONE by HIS "deadline date" you may have to store that one for EONS. again. DONE IS GOOD. and EXCELLENT thinking. giggle.

lw said...

The quilt is beautiful and I'm sure he'll be pleased. But I wouldn't let him have it unless he pays you first-- what a terrible customer! He has more issues than most of the quilts.

Quiltin' LibraryLady said...

Don't you just love customers like that? They want things to move really fast when they want it to, but otherwise your time means nothing to them. Guess that's why I don't make much effort to make money with my machine. I've worked for the public at the library since 1979 and have to be nice to them at work. In my own home.......well, let's just say I'm too darned old to put up with much crap.