Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Sad note

There is some very sad news from my friend Kathi.  The lady I call lil' sis because we've been long time internet friends for many years and seem more like sisters than just friends.  Her step son passed away this morning after a long battle with cancer.  He was more a son than a step son.  Kathi has the blog called "he pulled me out of the pickle barrel" with the link on the side bar.  

Kathi was there for me when I lost another son a few years ago.  Let me tell ya, loosing a child is the hardest thing in the world to live through.  To loose more than one is almost unbearable.  Kathi helped me live through it by being a great friend. 

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think our roles would be reversed.  That I would be the one giving strength through friendship while she grieves. 

Today I cry more tears for a lost child.  Not mine this time but her's.  I will be here for her whenever she needs a comforting ear or a friendly cyber hug.  If you are so inclined, stop by her blog and let her know there are others out here thinking of her too.

Love ya lots lil' sis!  Hugs to you and to hubby David.

2 comments:

Quiltin' LibraryLady said...

I'm so sorry for your friend Kathi's loss. I hope I never need to find out what it's like to lose a child.

kathi said...

DEAREST Anita.. THANK YOU.. from the BOTTOM of my HEART. HEAH BIG SIS.. WE are STRONNNG women. AND IT all works out in the end.. but THANKS i NEEDED that.. in SO MANY ways you CANNOT imagine right now.. STEP MOM is even TOUGHER. let me tell ya. WOW!!! thanks.