Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

More quilts finished

Over the last few days we have had thunder storms.  My heart goes out to all the people in all the places where the tornadoes have cost them so dearly.  It's one more reminder to me that tomorrow is not promised to anyone.... let people know you love them today. 

I don't do anything involving electricity when there is lightening.  The power has been out a couple of times but not more than an hour or two.  When it was safe to use electric things again, instead of setting at the computer to write a blog post, I've concentrated on finishing some quilting before the next storm system came through.  So here is the first quilt finished.   



I did the Circle Lord fan on the center area.


A pretty flower and leaf design on the outside border.  The owner asked me to just catch the tiny loose border every now and then with some stitching to hold it down.


Here is the outside border from the back.


This is the next one finished.  Just like the other two I quilted a few weeks ago.  Same design, same stitching.



And lastly there is this one finished.  I did simple stitch in the ditch around the pieces just to hold it together as the owner wanted.  


The next quilt is on the machine and I'm half way through the stabilizing.  It will probably take me a few days to finish the quilting because the owner wants lots of stitching. 

Tomorrow is my daughter's last day of college.  She's finally finished.... after 12 years.  It's been a long time for both of us but I'm very proud she stuck with it. 

I've been doing a little more cleaning out of "stuff" so I can get closer to my simpler life.  It's hard to let go of things but I keep my long term goal in mind with each thing I donate to the thrift store.  I'll be writing more on my hints blog as I progress through the steps of getting rid of "stuff".  Once I get my house back to being a house instead of a garage; I will finally have time for what's really important in life.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Love the quilting! Especially the first quilt. What a great design in the border!! Do you like your Circle Lords? Does that design go fast! It looks great in the center.

lw said...

Congratulations to your daughter on graduating-- it took me 16 years to get my bachelor's degree.

Anita Estes said...

Thanks Linda, yes, I do like the circle lord a lot. How fast any design goes depends on how fast I move the machine. (smile)

Actully I like the CL because I can be mindless doing them. I can watch tv or talk with a friend while simply pushing the machine. It follows the design as I push. No mistakes.

Anita Estes said...

LW, 16 years? Wow, that's a lot of determination. I so much admire people that set goals and stay with them to the end no matter how long it takes. Especially with education.