Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

It's finished

This quilt is finished and will be picked up today.  This lady really prefers minimal quilting which is why I do simple designs.



I did a leaf and daisy design on the outside border.



Line dancing on the pieced blocks and a loop design on the inside border.



A leaf design on the solid blocks to carry the leaf design from the outside border.



The photos are kind of dark because my batteries were getting low.  Here's the border from the back.


Another of the border.


The blocks.


Before I start another quilt I'm going to spend some time picking out the border of this one along one side. 



I had been working on it a few days ago but removed it from the machine because I was really unhappy with how the design was working on the border.  There is about two inches of extra fullness in one area.  There were too many little tucks and looked really bad.  I'm going to fix that area in a different way then quilt the design again.  The owner is in no hurry to get this one so I can take a little more time with it. 

Later today I'll put another quilt on the machine to keep on schedule but I also want to work in my backyard for awhile too.  Providing it doesn't rain.  There's lots of tree bark and small branches that need to be raked up before my raised bed can be made.  I'm so looking forward to having a small garden again!  It's been too many years since I actually spent time in my backyard gardening.


2 comments:

Linda said...

You did a beautiful job on the quilting! It turned out perfect. I look forward to see what you do with the quilt with the fullness in the borders. Uggh, I need to do some lawn work too!!

lw said...

Oooohhh!!! How I hate tucks! I am quilting a quilt for my daughter's baby (due in July) and I got a tuck at the border that I need to unsew and fix. Too bad we don't live closer, we could sit and visit while we pick out the threads.