Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

More finished

I finished the pillow covers that go with the quilt I got done yesterday.  I put them on end to end so the work went faster.



These needed to match the quilting of the quilt so I did a bow and feather on the ends.



Another view of the feather.



I did line dancing on the blocks and a bow, leaf design on the sashing and the outside side edges.



The online portrait class is over.  I'm going to look at one more part today to check my notes before the link is removed.  I'm very confident I know how to create the portraits now.  Margaret is a very patient teacher.  I've viewed the class over and over, taking notes, and checking those notes more than once.  I was assured I could take the class again without charge if I needed it.  I don't think that will be necessary though. 

My problem wasn't with learning to put the actual portrait together, I get that part very easily.  My biggest apprehension was working with the software.  Photoshop Elements seemed so very complicated to me.  I'm more of a visual learner than a reading learner.  Viewing the class videos was exactly what I needed to gain confidence to work with the software.

Now that the class is over, it's time to get myself back into a regular schedule.  There are customer quilts to finish and spring things to think about.  Something has just occurred to me.  My mother has remained very quiet during the whole time I've taken the online class.  It was only yesterday that she's started with her mind games again.  You think maybe she somehow knew to be good until the class was over?

Ok.  The quilting work won't get done until I go do it.  Time to put another one on the machine.

2 comments:

FoulkeArt said...

Sounds like you loved your online course. Can't wait to see what you create with it. Another portrait of grandchildren?

Anita Estes said...

Yes, I think the grandkids portraits will be first.