Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It was very cold at the bus stops!

Well yesterday didn't go so well. Lots of delays at all my stops. A couple of places I didn't get to after all. I'll go again on Thursday.... maybe. At the library I quickly found one book and a couple of CD books to bring home then hurried to catch the next bus. When I finally arrived at the fabric store I had about 30 minutes to quickly pick out some fat quarters before my daughter picked me up. She had classes last night so I had to go.

Here's the book from the library. I picked it to learn about lights and shadows in quilts. I didn't have enough time to look for other helpful books.




Here's the fat quarters. I decided to stay with cottons instead of batiks. Batiks are very tightly woven fabrics and I need a looser weave for the quilting ideas I have. I think these colors will make some nice roses.




For such a tiny bundle these were pretty expensive. $2.50 per fat quarter. If I had the time I would have looked for yardage and had it cut. On the bolt some fabrics would have been $7.50 or $8.00 a yard instead of $10 as a fat quarter. Oooo.... that's not very thrifty of me. I have to make better "time" plans for my next shopping trip.
.
As you can see too, there aren't a lot of mottled fabrics. I didn't see many. Either they didn't have many or I just didn't spot them on the shelves. I think these fabrics have enough light and dark areas to work for me anyway.
.
Ok, a full day of house cleaning and laundry awaits me. Time to get started.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors you did get to pick up and anxious to see what you do with them. Nothing mysterious about me, I am Anonymous because I don't have a google account. You are one of the first blogs I read each morning, so stay well.

Anita Estes said...

No problem Anonymous, I think it humorous....like Ma & Pa Kettle couldn't think of a name for their kids and that's why so many were named anonymous. Or George Foreman naming all his sons George.