As promised here is a picture of the quilt with issues that I finished. See... it came out pretty flat didn't it? Not all that straight but better than it was.
The owner wanted tulips in the solid blocks.
She wanted something swirly on the pinwheel blocks.
She wanted leaves on the rest of the border.
Here is a view from the back.
Then I finished this one. There wasn't much I could do with it except a serpentine line along the seams. This one was very "delicate" from age. The silks are already showing signs of deterioration. I had to be extra careful not to let the machine pull at any of the seams which is why I used a serpentine line. I could go around all the hard fabric intersections.
Here is a closeup of the seams
and a view of the back.
I have the next one loaded on the machine ready for when I get back from Nashville. These two quilts and three (or 4) more will need binding done. I'm going to finish quilting the others then take a whole day for doing the bindings.
Well I've got a dozen batteries ready for the camera, the cell phone is all charged up, I packed a few snacks, I have my hand work in a bag, I have a few books to read, and the coffee mug is ready to be filled. Nothing left to do now but get some sleep.
Type-talk to you when I get back. Hopefully with lots of pictures to show.