Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hearts quilt finished

This one took longer than I thought it would.



A heart vine around the border. When I was doing the very last heart I put a vein in it like a leaf. I don't know why. I will pick it out. LE lace on the inside border and loops on the sashing. The inside border and sashing are one inch. Orange thread was used because it's the dominant color of the quilt.


Before I take a quilt off the machine, I look it over carefully to see if I missed anything. I thought this quilt was finished; but, when I looked at the hearts I saw all this fullness. Look at the sashing seam to see what I mean. It bothered me to see that much fullness in the blocks. The customer probably wouldn't care but I do.


I went back and stitched in the ditch around all the sashing and all the hearts. There was a lot of stops and starts in doing this quilt. Now that looks much better. Hmm... is that a flower, a ribbon, or a butterfly design? It depends on how you see it.


A view from the back. Very bright and hard to see the stitching. Also, its very orange.



I never made it to the courthouse as I had planned. A friend came over to work on my DVD player. It wasn't working anymore. So while he worked on it, I kept quilting. There was a lot of dust inside the player. No wonder it quit working. Quilting dust gets into everything!

No comments: