Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Aww.... gee whiz..... here we go again!

The weather report says we can expect thunder storms and lots of WIND tomorrow. (Wednesday) Winds will possibly reach as high as 60 to 80 miles an hour at times. Normally this wouldn't be so bad but Kentucky still has lots of dangling tree limbs and a very wet saturated ground from all the snow/ice melt and today's rains. This means the winds can blow down those dangling limbs onto power lines. With a saturated ground it can blow over whole trees, roots and all. We are hoping for the best but as you know..... mother nature has not been kind to us lately.

If I do loose power.... I'm ready. I still have my supplies from being prepared for it a couple of weeks ago. If you remember I had a tree limb hanging on the power line behind my house? Well, it's still hanging there. LGE has not been here yet to remove it. That tree limb is what might cause me to loose power IF we get the winds they are predicting.

I've checked with my online friends that live out west. So far everyone seems to have escaped the tornadoes and I'm very thankful. I'll try to check back with them in the morning to see if they are still ok.

Here is the next quilt finished. All batik fabric... front and back.



The sun was coming through the window really bright Monday afternoon so I took a picture of the block designs while still on the machine. It showed up the stitching really nice. When I save enough to get my overhead lights replaced they should make nice bright light like this. I used yellow thread.


This is the borders. A loopy feather on the outside border and a leaf feather on the inside border.


I don't know if you can see this very well but it shows the batik back with the yellow thread.


I didn't really know if I would find time for posting for a few days. Since I was online anyway to check on my friends out west; I thought I might as well show you what I had finished. I'm headed back into the studio for some more quilting before bedtime. I worked from 3 am to 9 pm yesterday. I started at 3 am today and will work for at least a couple more hours tonight. The long hours are hard but with unpredictable weather I have to work while I'm able.


No comments: