Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Issue quilts

Issue quilt - vintage double wedding ring




I finished this vintage quilt for a customer. It was an inherited top that had been in storage for a number of years. It had alot of issues I had to deal with to make it usable.



These issues are typical of inherited vintage quilt tops.



I stabelized the whole thing by doing a serpentine line around all the arcs first. While doing this I pulled and tugged and folded areas to get it all fairly even and flat.



I then rolled back to the beginning and quilted in the other areas.


I wrapped the back to the front for the binding. Yes, it is wavy. It should flatten out when the quilt is washed. It is not supposed to be perfect. It’s just supposed to be finished so it can be enjoyed and used.

No comments: