Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Still here


I've been at the quilting machine working on the current quilt.  It's taking quite a bit of time to complete.  I work until it get's too hot in the studio then I go do something else.  I've been working on the cardboard breakfast bar and posting the steps on the cardboard blog.  Yes, I know it still looks like just a box but that will change. 





I've had to deal with some paperwork, paying bills, filling out entry forms, signing papers for my mother, and stuff like that.  I did have a visitor yesterday for a little while.  Of course the first thing she did was check out the cardboard furniture stuff and the quilts hanging on the design walls.   




When she first saw me she gave me a really great hug.  She takes after her Uncle Jimmy in that way.  He gives really great hugs too.  Not that the others don't give good hugs..... hmm... how to describe it.  Some people have a special way of giving hugs that are from deep inside themselves and you can feel it.  In my opinin, a hug is more precious than diamonds.  I just wish I lived close enough to the other grands to get hugs from them every few days too..... sigh. 

I'm hoping I can finish the current quilt today before it gets really hot again so I'm headed to the studio now. 

No comments: