Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Meat slicer bargain

Today, while waiting for my prescriptions to be filled; I went to the thrift store across the street from the clinic. I was very lucky again. I happened to be there on a day when they had everything 75 percent off again. I was told they have this type sale two random days a month to clear things out. That's good to know. So for a second time I was there at just the right time.


This is what I got today. A food slicer. The box was taped shut when I looked at it. The clerk said I couldn't open it. Not allowed on 75% off days. I hesitated buying it because there wasn't any way to know if all the parts were there. I looked at the original price tag which said $34.99.






Next I looked at the thrift store price which said $9.95. I calculated the 75 percent off price to be about $2.50 so I bought it without knowing if it was complete. I figured the worst that could happen is I loose the $2.50.




When I got home I was very happy to find that the slicer was still in the original plastic bubble wrap and that was still sealed. It had never been opened.


Yup, it was a really good find. Now how will it help me save money? It will save me money because I can buy bulk cheese or lunchmeats. I can slice homemade bread in thinner slices than using a knife. I can slice roll sausage into patties before freezing. I'll find other uses as time goes by.



No comments: