Welcome to my blog

Please don't remind me that I'm poor; I'm having too much fun pretending I'm simply "living green" like everyone else these days.


Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Photo class

Yesterday I took a class on taking digital images of quilts and putting them onto a disk. This is the classroom setting.


I came away from the class feeling flustered and discouraged. I was whining and complaining all afternoon. I felt as if I would never enter a contest again. The technology I have to learn seemed just too intimidating. Let me explain, I have difficulty comprehending written instruction sheets and booklets. I guess I'm more of a 'show me' type person.

I have a new digital camera but don't know how to use it correctly. I have photo managing software galore on my computer but can't figure out how to use any of it. I have a new cd burner that I manage to make work sometime then can't remember how I did it.

When it comes to making a choice of reading an instruction booklet or creating a quilt. Guess what I choose? Creating with fabric and my machine win every time. When I buy a quilt book, I rarely read the instructions. I look at the pictures and figure it out that way. The only reason I put instruction pages in my quilt kits is for the pictures and sometimes yardage requirements.

I have everything I need for taking digital pictures....just not the knowledge to use it. So...last night I decided to stop all my whining and complaining. I'm setting my mind to just try. If I don't at least try, I will never learn. You might say I'm stepping around the latest boulders in my path.

I have a customer who knows a lot about cameras and software. He has volunteered to help me learn what I can't comprehend on my own. As soon as I get the organizing work finished I'm going to sit down to learn what I can. Then call him for some more help.

As the saying goes....nothing ventured, nothing gained.

No comments: